There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Submissions for Lumina Issue 20 are now open from October 24th 9 a.m. EST to November 21st 11:59 p.m. EST OR until submission caps are met.
Lumina is a multi-genre literary journal and visual art publication, run by Sarah Lawrence College's MFA in Writing students.
At Lumina, we aspire to open an accessible and inclusive space for all creatives to take part in the enjoyment of art, publication, and community. Our aim is to be an ever-evolving hub for creative expression, fueled by the desire to represent, support, and empower those who endeavor to share their work, whether for the first time or the hundredth
The Lumina team values experimental, forward-thinking, and genre-bending works that spotlight each creator's distinctive voice and experiences. We welcome writing and art that excites, radicalizes, and showcases a genuine appreciation for craft. Our editors invite submitters to have fun, explore new variations of themselves, delve into unknown realms, and emerge with intentional work that, regardless of publication outcomes, they are proud of.
NOTE: Gratuitous violence or depictions of violence that advance strategies of marginalization rather than challenge them will not be tolerated.
- Submissions are open to everyone except currently enrolled MFA Writing students at Sarah Lawrence College.
- You may send one submission per genre per issue.
- All writing submissions must be in PDF format and all visual art submissions must be in TIFF or JPEG format.
- Please do not include any identifying details (e.g. name) in the submission file.
- All work must be previously unpublished.
- We accept simultaneous submissions. Please let us know if your work has been accepted elsewhere by adding a message on Submittable.
We are currently unable to offer monetary compensation for accepted submissions.